Benefits of Complete Streets
- Creates a cost-effective way to improve safety and accessibility for everyone using the roads
- Increases the vitality of town centers by allowing everyone, whether on foot, bike, or public transportation, to reach community hubs and businesses
- Creates safer routes for children to reach school and activities, giving them more opportunities to exercise and gain self-confidence
- Encourages walking and active lifestyles among residents of all ages and abilities
- Helps reduce traffic congestion
- Helps reduce risk to pedestrians
- Helps reduce carbon emissions
Competitive Grant Application
Municipalities that adopt a Complete Streets Resolution and Implementation Plan are awarded one point on the 25 point scale to project applications submitted under the NJ Department of Transportation "Local Aid" grant funding process.
Municipalities that are interested in pursuing certification under the statewide Sustainable Jersey program can earn 20 points toward the required 150 points for certification by adopting a Complete Streets policy.